Corproate Social Responsibility is an integral part of any corporation’s life, and Hyundai Sime Darby recently reached out to children in nine charity homes to spread the festive cheer.
The homes were registered under Jabatan Kebajikan Malaysia (JKM) and they received donations in the form of new school uniforms, shoes and books. Charity homes identified and selected from the north, central, south and east coast regions of West Malaysia were:
1. Batu Grace Ashram Home, Kulim, Kedah
2. Children's Protection Society Pulau Pinang
3. Pertubuhan Kebajikan Ehsan Ash-Shakur, Rawang, Selangor
4. Rumah Anak Yatim Budi Mulia Nurul Huda, Chemor, Perak
5. Persatuan Kebajikan Darul Hanan, Pasir Gudang, Johor
6. Jemaah Pengurus Kebajikan Anak-Anak Yatim Dan Miskin Ulu Gadong, Negeri Sembilan
7. Kompleks Rumah Anak-Anak Yatim, Islam AL-IHSAN Daerah Bentong, Pahang
8. Pertubuhan Anak Yatim & Kebajikan, Darul Izzah Daerah Temerloh, Pahang
9. Maahad Bahasa & Ilmu Al-Quran (MABIQ) Daerah Kuantan, Pahang.
According to Mr. Dennis Ho, Managing Director of Hyundai-Sime Darby Motors Sdn Bhd, most of the children residing in these homes are between the age of seven and 18 years old and essential items requested were mostly new school uniform, shoes and books.
He said donations to the 9 charity homes were the biggest Community Social Responsibility (CSR) programme ever undertaken by HSDM. Besides essential school items, HSDM also donated roof, grill, washing machines, computers, book racks, mattresses, beds, refrigerators, lockers, cupboards, storage boxes and essential food items to the homes based on the homes’ requirements.
Siti Norbayah Nordin, one of the team leaders for this project said, “It’s fulfilling when you know you have made a difference in people’s lives. Helping these children made me very happy. I am grateful to be given this opportunity.”
Meanwhile, a recent handover ceremony held at Pertubuhan Kebajikan Ehsan Ash-Shakur Rawang saw the children treated to a sumptuous buffet lunch by HSDM employees. The children were later given a red packet each by HSDM.
En Rosli Abdul Ghani, Yang Di-Pertua Pertubuhan Kebajikan Ehsan Ash-Shakur (PEKEAS), said he was happy that HSDM had selected their home as part of the Company’s CSR programme as they are always on the look out for support from corporations.
On a yearly average, PEKEAS takes in 30 children under its care consisting consist of 15 boys and 15 girls. HSDM plans to reach out to more homes in its next CSR programme.